This source package generates the following udebs:
How to build the package (standard)
This section is common to all “simple” archeos packages.
- Edit the debian/control file and do the relative modifications (add package to depends, and so on).
- You can test the package build with git-buildpackage --git-ignore-new anytime you want.
- When ready to deploy a working version, commit your changes the usual way (git add & git commit).
- Use git-dch -R to update the changelog file.
Edit it properly (if need to change something, but most of the time it doesn’t.) then add it and
commit it too (usual git add and git commit).
- Build and tag the package with git-buildpackage --git-tag. Push changes upstream with
git push && git push --tags
- Clean the package with debuild clean.
- Upload the packages (all deb files, changes and dsc) to the repository server and import them into
the distrubution with reprepro.
The package is patched to use the preseed directive d-i apt-setup/disable-cdrom-entries boolean true into config/debian-installer/preseed.cfg that eliminates the cdrom entries into the installed ArcheOS /etc/apt/sources.list file.
The package needs to be periodically merged with the upstream Debian version and the patch checked.
The patch has been created by the Kali Linux team and the ArcheOS package is shamelessly copied and renamed.
In the future the udeb packages should not be put manually into the config/packages.binary folder (also because they are binary files into a GIT repos...)
and a dedicated mirror should be created to include such packages needed during bootstrap/build phases.
In the future we also hope that the patch will be integrated into upstream package.
Update with Debian upstream version